Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Picspam: Audrey Hepburn

So I actually had a totally different idea for what to write about today, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.  At some point, my post for today became focused on Audrey Hepburn.  And I find this incredibly amusing, given Audrey's captivating nature.  I admit I haven't seen very many of her movies (my Netflix queue has a few waiting!).  So far the ones I've watched are Sabrina, My Fair Lady, and Roman Holiday.  It's crazy what an icon she is.  I mean, how many women do you see who try to be like her in one way or another, whether they want to dress like her or imitate her grace?  She seems like the embodiment of poise and style, even today.  So here are some pictures and quotes that I hope will brighten your day!  And believe me, it was really difficult to pick on a few favorite photos to share.


"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
~ Audrey Hepburn


"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." 
~ Audrey Hepburn





"Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."
~ Audrey Hepburn



"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows." 
~ Audrey Hepburn

"I'm not beautiful. My mother once called me an ugly duckling. But, listed separately, I have a few good features."
~ Audrey Hepburn

"There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."
~ Audrey Hepburn



No comments: