Sunday, January 3, 2010

Love to cook? So do I!

I don't know how you've spent the first days of the new year, but I've been knitting, watching episode upon episode of LOST (gotta refresh myself before the final season starts!), and looking up recipes online. I'm still a novice cook and I actually just got my first slow cooker for Christmas!  And I decided to write a quick blog about the website where I've found lots of great new recipes to try as I learn more about food and how to cook it.

If you enjoy searching for new recipes like I do, then you need to be using AllRecipes.com now!  It's such a great website because they do a lot more than just list recipes.  There are tons of reviews to read, often with great suggestions as to how you can improve or alter the original recipes if you want to try modifications or substitutions.  And sometimes other people just feel like preparing something differently and make great discoveries, so you can read their notes!

If you register with the site (it's free, although they do have some upgraded paid membership features that I don't use), then you can save your favorite recipes or those that you want to try later by putting them in your "recipe box."  It's a great way to keep things organized.  There is even a "shopping list" feature, but I haven't used that one yet.

All in all, it's a fantastic website that I highly recommend!  Enjoy!

No comments: