Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Helpless. Hopeless?

"I wonder why things have to change," murmured Piglet. Pooh thought for a while, then said, "It gives them a chance to get better." ~ David Benedictus

Not A.A. Milne, but it's still a quote that I sometimes find helpful.

Things in life are just taking a terrible turn lately. The worst part is that I'm so helpless to do anything about any of it. Some of my loved ones are suffering very much from hardships that life is throwing at them, and all I can do is stand by and hope for the best. It's a horrible feeling, knowing that you can't help in any way. And this uselessness is also fueling the anger in me that I already feel just because of the situations around me. I'm not an angry person by nature, so I really don't enjoy all of this rage building up in me. Usually I'm very optimistic and patient, but those tendencies seem to have been exhausted over the last couple of weeks. And as much as I'm hurting, I know that it's 100x worse for certain people that I love.

There is a lot of anger, sadness, confusion, and hurt dominating my thoughts right now. It's difficult to find room for hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo, it works! *ahem*

I wish I had some magic words to say that would make everything better for you, but I'm no wizard. I will, though, admit I admire your strength for putting up with what you do, and I believe your quote from Piglet and Pooh is more than simply pertinent. We should hang out sometime so you can take your mind off of things, at least for a little bit.

-Clint