Friday, June 18, 2010

two June projects and an anniversary.

Hello out there, blogland!  I don't have very long to write but I just wanted to post this up really quick.

First, today is Rob's and my fifth anniversary together!  We've had a great relaxing day and even made a yummy dinner of chicken, mac & cheese, green beans, and dinner rolls.  I whipped up a special dessert yesterday for the occasion, which brings me to my first (well, second chronologically) June project.




Delicious cupcakes! I used my secret Sin Cake recipe to make cupcakes and then got a vanilla buttercream frosting recipe from a friend. I tried to color it a much deeper blue, but it didn't seem to want to get any bluer than this. Next time I'm going to try for a pink frosting and experiment with some vanilla cupcake recipes. I'm really going to miss all my kitchen equipment when I am in Orlando. :-(







My second June project is this Hermione Cable & Eyelet hat that I knitted earlier this month.  I love it!  The picture makes it look red, but it's really a wine-like color.  The ribbing turned out so-so, but the cables came out wonderfully.  I'm very proud of them.  Now I actually like knitting cables.  Go figure!  I'll definitely use this hat pattern again.










That's it for me today.  Take care!

No comments: